RICE VARIETIES | CARROT RICE RECIPE - STEP BY STEP

CARROT RICE 


CARROT RICE - A healthy and delicious rice , very easy to prepare. Often when I go with preparing any rice varieties, I always add all the spices like bay leaf, cardamom and cloves. So at one point, my lil one didn't show much interest in tasting it. So I thought of giving a slight twist and finally came up with this flavorful recipe, undoubtedly it tasted great. 

Preparation time : 10 mins.
Cooking time  : 15 mins.
Serves : 2


For this recipe you need

2 cups of cooked rice
2 medium sized carrot, washed, peeled and grated
1 medium sized onion,sliced
1/2 tsp. of turmeric powder
1 tsp. of mustard and urad dal
2 dried red chillies
A sprig of curry leaves
2 tbsp. of fresh grated coconut
Salt
 Oil

Preparation

Heat oil in a pan.Add the mustard seeds, when they crackle. add the urad dal, curry leaves, chillies and fry for a min.


Add the onion and fry until slightly brown.


Tip in the grated carrot and continue frying on low heat for a couple of mins.


Sprinkle in the spice powders and the salt. 


Add the cooked rice and mix it well


Finally add the grated coconut.


Check for salt and if you want you can garnish with fresh coriander leaves.


Healthy and delicious carrot rice is ready to be served................


You can serve this carrot rice along with colorful fryums, children will love it :)

Technorati Tags: ,,,,, ,,,rice with carrot,
Aruna

I am a passionate cook and love to experiment various cuisines , in my kitchen. This blog is my humble attempt to register a copy of recipes that I learn and try . Feel free to experiment with my recipes and adjust accordingly to suit your taste and requirements.Hope you enjoy :)

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post