Karamani /White Black eyed Beans with Potato Gravy

Karamai / White Black eyed Beans with potato Gravy



I usually prepare Sundal using this beans.


Tried out as a side dish for chapathi and it tasted great.






For this Gravy you need

1 1/2 cups of Karamani / White Black eyed beans
2 onions
2 boiled potatoes
3 tomatoes
1 tsp. of ginger-garlic paste
1 tsp. of chilli powder
1 tsp. of garam masala powder
1/2 tsp. of turmeric powder
Salt to taste

For Seasoning

1 tsp. of aniseed
Few Nos. of cinnamon and cloves
2 -3 bay leaves
2 cardamoms
2 - 3 tsp. of oil

Preparation

Soak the beans overnight or for  6 hrs.

In a cooker, cook the beans with a pinch of salt. Allow it for 3 - 4 whistles.

Heat oil in a pan, Add all the seasoning ingredients.

Add chopped onions and saute them well. when the onions turn translucent, add the ginger- garlic paste.

Then add the chopped tomatoes and saute them well. Add the turmeric powder, chilli powder, garam masala powder, salt .Stir them well on medium flame until the raw flavor extracts from it.

Now add the white black eyed beans and potatoes.with a glass of water and bring it to boil.
Allow it to boil for about 10 - 15 mins.

Finally garnish it with coriander leaves.

Whitle black eyed beans with potato gravy is ready to serve.......

Serve it hot with Chapathi's.........



I am Sending this entry to the MLLA event conducted by Srivalli , originated in Susane's blog


Aruna

I am a passionate cook and love to experiment various cuisines , in my kitchen. This blog is my humble attempt to register a copy of recipes that I learn and try . Feel free to experiment with my recipes and adjust accordingly to suit your taste and requirements.Hope you enjoy :)

14 Comments

  1. How come it is raining black eyed peas at bloggywood????? But I love this pulse.....I love it more when it is prepared by my Dodamma.....

    Ash....
    (http://asha-oceanichope.blogspot.com/)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love black eyed beans sabji with garam garam rotis. This goes well with rice too. A regular treat at home. Your recipe and pic is good.

    Chitchat

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both karamani and potatoes works out wonder na..lovely and very tempting dish..

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this recipe. good with rice or rotis..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank u very much for such lovely comments

    ReplyDelete
  6. Blackeyed peas and potato subji? I should try that sometime..I usually make the chole with potato..and it quite boring to eat the same chole..

    Thanks for your comments about thiratupal. I am posing recipes now at www.ruchikacooks.com and I have moved from the wordpress blog you saw. Checkout the new one when you are free. Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I prepare this dish often but with aslight variation.Your dish looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gravy looks so delicious and healthy. Want to have a scoop:)
    Wish you and family a
    Prosperous New year filled with joy and happiness by the grace of God.
    Love,
    Viki.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks delicious. Perfect with some hot rice!

    ReplyDelete
  10. yummy karamani, potato kaRi.

    i use to make suNdal, karamani puLi kuzampu.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thats awesome healthy dish..lOoks so yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This must be a yummy dish as I love both kaaramani and potato :-).

    ReplyDelete
Previous Post Next Post