Elephant Yam (Karunai Kizhangu) Fry

Elephant Yam (Karunai Kizhangu fry)

This is a delicious fry that goes very well with rice.

For this fry you need

Medium sized - Elephant Yam
A pinch  of turmeric powder
1 tsp. of Sambar powder
Salt
Oil
Preparation

Wash the Yam well , remove its skin and slice them.

In a pan, along with sufficient water, add turmeric powder and drop these slices . Cover and cook them ,until the yam's get softened .(don't overcook them as when you fry them they get smashed).

Remove the excess water.

Heat oil in a pan, add these cooked Yam's with sambar powder and salt. 

Mix them gently and cook for 10 mins. in low flame.

Tasty Yam fry is ready to serve........


Serve it with hot sambar/rasam rice......

Aruna

I am a passionate cook and love to experiment various cuisines , in my kitchen. This blog is my humble attempt to register a copy of recipes that I learn and try . Feel free to experiment with my recipes and adjust accordingly to suit your taste and requirements.Hope you enjoy :)

21 Comments

  1. Aruna, love this fry..It's been ages I made this..now, you have tempted me..

    ReplyDelete
  2. My fav too,perfect with sambar...luks gr8!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Crispy and delicious fry! Our fav fry:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is one of my favourite veggies, your fry looks so yummy, perfect side dish.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow.We love this Aruna, This looks very good

    Love
    Kairali sisters

    ReplyDelete
  6. i love yam with sambhar rice.ooks very nice and we add a tblsp of tamarind extract to it.
    delicious fry

    ReplyDelete
  7. Crispy and delicious yam fry..Love the idea of adding sambar powder, it must have tasted great..

    ReplyDelete
  8. I simply love this fry..Never had it here..Very tempting one !!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow rasam rice and this fry what a delicious combo ..nice fries..

    ReplyDelete
  10. My favourite fry, just love with rasam...yumm!

    ReplyDelete
  11. எனக்கு à®®ிகவுà®®் பிடித்த கருணைகிà®´à®™்கு வறுவல்...சூப்பர்ப்...

    ReplyDelete
  12. i never tried any recipes from yam...looks good

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love Yam fry.. These are my favorite and the recipe looks new.

    ReplyDelete
  14. My favorite luv to have with hot rice and More Kuzhambu, looks crispy:)

    ReplyDelete
Previous Post Next Post