COCONUT CHUTNEY WITH CORIANDER & CURRY LEAVES


COCONUT (THENGAI) CHUTNEY(WITH) CORIANDER AND CURRY LEAVES

Coconut chutney is a simple chutney that pairs up very well with Hot Idli's /crispy Dosa/s .
This is a common chutney we can see in almost all the South Indian breakfast . There are lots of versions in this chutney  and here comes my version . Try this out and enjoy the taste..... :)


For this chutney you need

3 tbsp. of fresh grated coconut
1 tbsp. of roasted channa dhal (pottukadalai)
A small sprig of curry leaves and few coriander leaves (this gives nice aroma to the chutney)
5 - 6 green chillies(acc. to ur taste)
A small piece of tamarind
Salt

For seasoning

1 tsp. of mustard and urad dal
A sprig of curry leaves
Preparation

In the jar , add the coconut, green chillies and grind them .

Now add the remaining ingredients along with salt and sufficient water. Grind them well.

Heat oil in a pan, add mustard seeds when they stop spluttering add urad dhal and curry leaves.

Finally add the seasoned ingredients in the chutney.

Serve them with Hot Idli's :)



NOTE: I normally add tamarind if my idli batter is not too sour .(based on the sourness of ur batter u can adjust the tamarind ). If my batter is too sour I prefer not to add tamarind in almost all the chutneys I prepare :)

Aruna

I am a passionate cook and love to experiment various cuisines , in my kitchen. This blog is my humble attempt to register a copy of recipes that I learn and try . Feel free to experiment with my recipes and adjust accordingly to suit your taste and requirements.Hope you enjoy :)

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post