ONION - TOMATO CHUTNEY


Onion Tomato Chutney


A spicy and tangy chutney with onions and tomatoes.My Lil one always prefers this chutney for Idli's and Dosa's. She is very fond of this chutney,so whenever I ask what side dish to do, immediate reply tomato chutney and nowadays I stop asking her . I started preparing tomato based chutney's and my sweet heart enjoys it a lot. This is one of the chutneys she relishes :)

For this chutney you need

1 big sized onion
2 tomatoes
6 -7 red chillies
Salt

For seasoning

1 tsp. of mustard and urad dal
A sprig of curry leaves
Oil
Preparation

Wash and Chop the onion and tomatoes.

Grind them to a smooth paste,along with red chillies and salt .

In a  pan, add oil, add mustard seed when it stops spluttering add urad dal, followed by curry leaves, saute for a min.

Now add the grinded chutney , cover and allow it to cook for a couple of minutes.(Keep stirring occasionally)

When the chutney becomes thick slightly,remove from heat.

Serve this Onion-Tomato Chutney with Idli's /Dosa's and enjoy :)  

Check Out my Tomato Based Side Dishes

Tomato Chutney with Chana Dal
Instant-tomato-chutney
Tomato Kurma
Tomato Iguru
Aruna

I am a passionate cook and love to experiment various cuisines , in my kitchen. This blog is my humble attempt to register a copy of recipes that I learn and try . Feel free to experiment with my recipes and adjust accordingly to suit your taste and requirements.Hope you enjoy :)

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post