Hot Broccoli Soup

Broccoli Soup

Broccoli is a member of the cabbage family and is closely related to cauliflower.Broccoli is packed up with anti-cancer antioxidants,Vitamin C, Beta Carotine, Lutein, Glutathione. It also tops all other foods for Chromium content. To get the best benefit from this vegetable, make sure to steam them lightly.


For this Soup you need

1 bunch of Broccoli
3 - 4 garlic
2 tsp of butter
Salt to taste
1 onion
1 green chilly
1/2 tsp of turmeric powder
1/2 tsp of pepper (optional)
2 cups of milk
Preparation

Wash broccoli and cut into florets. In the cooker ,along with these florets, add little water and turmeric powder leave it for 1 whistle.

Chop the onion. Heat butter in a pan add pepper, garlic, onion and chilly. Saute them well. In the blender along with broccoli grind them to a smooth paste . In a pan pour this puree, turn heat low and simmer for a couple of minutes.

Finally add milk .

Now with a pinch of salt and pepper (if you have added pepper while sauteing no need to add it now)the soup is ready to taste.

I filtered this soup for my daughter but it is not necessary.

Since I used pepper and chilly the soup was really very hot.................


Serve it Hot and enjoy.............:)
Aruna

I am a passionate cook and love to experiment various cuisines , in my kitchen. This blog is my humble attempt to register a copy of recipes that I learn and try . Feel free to experiment with my recipes and adjust accordingly to suit your taste and requirements.Hope you enjoy :)

1 Comments

Previous Post Next Post