RAW BANANA CHIPS - VAZHAKKAI CHIPS


RAW BANANA CHIPS | VAZHAKKAI CHIPS




RAW BANANA | VAZHAKKAI CHIPS - Is there  anyone who doesn't like chips ? I guess not. and this  is a simple , easy to make ,healthy snack prepared with Raw Banana  . 

I used to munch these crispies only during my trip to India. My MIL used to prepare it fresh, but after coming to Riyadh I used to buy Raw Banana , but its just half the size of the veggie that we buy in India . So I usually prepare this simple raw banana fry  , one of my daughter's favourite. Sometimes vazhakkai podimas that goes very well with kara kuzhambu and spicy raw banana fry


Then wondering how this chips came all of a sudden and yes few weeks back we happened to see the raw banana' s just like the way we see in India fresh and long 🙂 . To my surprise my H picked half a dozen of it and few of them were made into chips. I totally enjoyed preparing and munching some while preparing. Now lets see how to make these crispies.     




To make these chips,wash it well , trim its end and peel the skin. Cut them into two pieces and immerse it in water.Now heat a heavy bottomed kadai with sufficient oil for deep frying. Let the oil become hot, but not smoking hot.Take a slicer and start slicing  the plantain directly over the oil.  Once the slices are deep fried season it with  salt and chilli powder (or) pepper powder, mix well .Finally fry the sprig of curry leaves and mix it along with the chips store it in an airtight container.  Now Lets get to the recipe 



Preparation time : 10 minutes
Cooking time : 20 - 25 minutes

Ingredients for raw banana chips
  • 3 raw banana | vazhakkai
  • chilli powder (or)pepper powder
  • 2 sprigs of curry leaves (optional)
  • Salt
  • Oil for frying

Preparation

Wash the raw banana/vazhakkai well, trim its end  and peel the skin. Cut them into two pieces and immerse in water ( to avoid discolouring) 

Heat a heavy bottomed pan along with sufficient oil for frying

When the oil becomes hot. Take the slicer  and start grating the plantain directly over the oil. Grate until the plantain covers the surface of the oil and do not overcrowd.





 Cook them in medium flame for 2 minutes, then flip them and cook on the other side until they turn golden brown.Remove from oil and drain on a kitchen tissue. Follow the same for rest of the plantains.




Finally fry the curry leaves and keep it aside.

Sprinkle chilli (or) pepper along with salt , mix well until it gets coated.

Store them in an air tight container along with the curry leaves.



Aruna

I am a passionate cook and love to experiment various cuisines , in my kitchen. This blog is my humble attempt to register a copy of recipes that I learn and try . Feel free to experiment with my recipes and adjust accordingly to suit your taste and requirements.Hope you enjoy :)

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post