ARAI KEERAI CHARU

Healthy Keerai Charu

My favorite recipe. I am very much happy to share this with you all

                                    

For this Keerai charu you need

1 Bunch of Arai Keerai
10 nos. of small onions
10 nos. of garlic cloves
2 nos. of tomatoes.
5 - 6 nos. of Green chillies.
1/2 tsp. of turmeric powder.
1/2 tsp. of Asafoetida
1 tsp. of mustard and urad dhal
Lemon sized tamarind ( 2 cups of tamarind extract)
Salt to taste
1 tsp. of oil



Preparation.


Wash and chop the leaves. Boil the leaves in water for 5 mins.

Heat oil in a pan. Add mustard and urad dhal. When they stop spluttering add the chopped onions, chillies, tomatoes, garlic and saute them well. 

Now add the cooked leaves ( boiled arai keerai) along with the tamarind extract with a pinch of turmeric powder , asafoetida and salt.

Allow it to boil for about 10 - 15 mins.

Healthy Keerai charu is ready to tasty........



Serve it with rice......



OPTIONAL: you can also add sambar powder for more taste.
Aruna

I am a passionate cook and love to experiment various cuisines , in my kitchen. This blog is my humble attempt to register a copy of recipes that I learn and try . Feel free to experiment with my recipes and adjust accordingly to suit your taste and requirements.Hope you enjoy :)

8 Comments

Previous Post Next Post